Clients who wish to set up a company in the UK are recommended to incorporate a limited liability company (private limited company). This entity requires i) one director ii) one shareholder (both of which can be foreigner’s non-UK residents) and iii) a paid-up capital of £1. The registration can be completed in a week; A UK LLC is subject to corporate income tax at a standard rate of 19% and must file financial statements with Companies House; An LLC is the most common type of business entity in the UK and it is suitable for foreigners interested in starting trading or service companies in the country.
UK Limited Liability Company Key features
- This entity requires i) one director ii) one shareholder (both of which can be foreigner’s non-UK residents) and;
- A paid-up capital of £1. The registration can be completed in a week;
- A UK LLC is subject to corporate income tax at a standard rate of 19% and must file financial statements with Companies House;
UK Limited Liability Company Legal Requirements
UK Limited Liability Company
Share capital or equivalent
Managers / Directors
Members / Shareholders
Anywhere, not required
UK Limited Liability Company Tax Treatment
Corporate tax on local Income 19%
UK Limited Liability Company Advantages
- A limited company has its own legal identity.
- It’s now very easy to start a limited company and it can all be done online.
- The shareholders of a company have a limited or capped liability for the debts of the business.
- Favorable corporate taxes
The Valsen Advantage
- End to end comprehensive service
- Speedy and efficient service
- Expert advice on structuring options
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support
- Extensive network pool of service providers
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”UK Offering” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_empty_space height=”15px”][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”uk”][/vc_column][/vc_row]