St Kitts and Nevis Professional Fund
The Nevis International Mutual Funds Ordinance 2004 and its accompanying Regulations provide a modern regulatory structure for mutual funds, their managers and administrators. There three types of mutual funds; Private funds, Professional Fund and Public Fund that can be structured as a company, a partnership, unit trust or other similar body formed. Nevis Professional funds are governed by Nevis International Mutual Funds Ordinance 2004 and Nevis International Mutual Funds Regulations.
A professional investor is an individual who either alone or with their spouse has a net worth of greater than US$1,000,000. Their ordinary business must involve the acquisition and disposal of fund-owned property.
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is St Kitts and Nevis:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Fund Administrator||The Applicant must employ a licensed fund administrator|
|Fund Manager||The Applicant must employ a fund manager:
|St Kitts and Nevis Office||Not Required|
|Auditor||The Licensee shall appoint an external auditor who is acceptable to the Commission|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage acceptable to the regulator|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||Must have a net worth of greater than US$1,000,000|
|Application Fee||USD 500|
|License Fee||USD 3,500|
- Licenses are to be renewed annually after the date of registration. On application for renewal of a Licence, the Nevis Finance Service Commission , if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal Licence fee
- Filing of Audited Accounts: The licensee shall for the financial year beginning on the day on which it commences to carry on securities business; and for each subsequent year submit to the Commission, within ninety days after the end of the financial year, audited financial statements prepared in accordance with international accounting standards, and which contain such additional information as may be prescribed.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s securities business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]