Panama Investment Advisor License
Broker-dealer and investment advisor activities are mainly regulated in Panama by Law Decree No.1 of 1999, as amended (the “Securities Law”). The license is issued by the National Securities Commission.
Investment advisors offers advice to clients or investors regarding the convenience of investing in, purchasing or selling shares or other participation quotas of the funds or investment companies. During the investment advisory services, they must disclose to their clients that they will receive a consideration for this.
Dispositions in Article 40 of Decree-Law 1 of 1999, regarding the obligation to give correct recommendations will be applicable to the activities of the investment advisors as well.
|Entity Requirements||The following types of investment companies can register with the National Securities Commission and apply for the license:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 3 (three) natural person Fit and Proper Directors.|
|Shareholder requirements||A minimum of one shareholder is required.|
|External Auditor||An investment advisor licensee shall appoint an independent external auditor who shall audit the Investment Company at least once a year and prepare the audited financial statements for the company in accordance with Accounting Regulations approved by the National Securities Commission and its Agreements.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||The Law does not specify the minimum capital requirement of an investment advisor.|
- An investment advisor must provide the information requested by the National Securities Commission.
- An investment advisor shall reflect the sales information in the Global Monthly Transaction Report referred to in Article 17 of Agreement No. 2-2004 dated April 30, 2004, through Form DMI-5.6.
- Inform in writing to the Commission, any changes in the appointment of the certified public accountant that verifies their interim financial statements or of the certified public accountant or accounting firm that act as external auditor of the person registered or subject to report, within the fifteen (15) days following the date on which the change of accountant or external auditor was decided
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]