A Mauritius GBC-1 is a corporation registered through the Mauritius Registrar of Companies (ROC) and regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) to hold a Category 1 Global Business Licence, enabling the same to carry out business outside of Mauritius.
Allowed to be locally incorporated or be registered as a branch of a foreign company, a Mauritius GBC-1 may be migrated to another domicile yet continue to be a Mauritius GBC-1, that is, if legally allowed by the foreign jurisdiction. No minimum or maximum capital requirement exists and, except for the Mauritian Rupee, the share capital may be expressed in any currency.
MAURITIUS GBC 1 COMPANY
Effective rate of 3%
Any currency except Mauritian Rupee
Yes, but 2 required for tax treaty access
- Growing network of more than 30 Double-Taxation avoidance treaties
- Non-disclosure of company officers names (not open for public viewing; only filed with the Registrar)
- No capital gains or withholding taxes
- No exchange controls
- Applicable tax credits (equal to the actual foreign tax levied OR 80% of the Mauritius tax on its foreign-source income, whichever is higher)
- Effective maximum tax rate of 3% on business profit (corporate applicable tax rate in Mauritius is 15%, less a foreign tax credit of 12%)
- Exemption from stamp duties, registration duties or other such fees
- Interest on bank deposits not taxable
- Dividends and royalties are tax exempt
The Valsen Advantage
- Speedy, Efficient and consistent Services.
- Relentless effort to obtain bank accounts.
- Expert advice on structuring options.
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support.