A Collective Investment Scheme can apply to the FSC to be authorized as an Expert Fund based on the condition that the scheme is only available to expert investors. The Regulations define an “expert investor” as either (i) an investor that makes minimum initial investment for his own account in an amount of not less than USD 100,000 or (ii) a Sophisticated Investor as defined by the Act. The investment manager of an Expert Fund either needs to hold a Collective Investment Scheme Managers Licence or must hold a licence issued by a regulator in a jurisdiction having comparable regulation as Mauritius for investor protection.
Mauritius Expert CIS
English Common Law
Share capital or equivalent
- There is no withholding tax on dividends payable to foreign individual and institutional investors in Mauritius;
- Dividends received by a Mauritian resident institutional investor are exempt from tax in Mauritius;
- No tax is imposed on capital gains, except on transactions in land and immoveable property;
- Any securities held for more than six months are considered as capital gains and are not taxable in Mauritius.
The Valsen Advantage
- Speedy, Efficient and consistent Services.
- Relentless effort to obtain bank accounts.
- Expert advice on structuring options.
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support.