Lebanon Brokerage License
Brokerage institutions are licensed by and registered with the BDL on the “List of Brokerage Institutions”; they operate under the central bank’s supervision
Brokerage Activities are restricted to:-
- Brokerage institutions that are established in Lebanon as joint stock companies and whose main activity is brokerage;
- Branches of foreign brokerage institutions whose main activity in Lebanon is financial intermediation;
- Banks and financial institutions that are registered with the BDL.
Brokerage institutions are not allowed to receive deposits or carry out any activity other than brokerage.
They may carry out the following operations either for their own account or on behalf of their customers, maintaining a clear separation between their own and their customers’ accounts:
- operations in marketable financial instruments or securities (spot, forward, futures, options, swaps, derivatives), shares of all types, government and public bonds, financial and commercial paper, certificates of deposit, currencies, precious metals and commodities;
- Portfolio management.
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is a Lebanon company under the Companies Act. Company includes:|
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Shareholder requirements||The Brokerage firm will need at least two shareholders.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises acceptable to the BDL. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
|Auditor||The licensee shall appoint annually an auditor who shall be a chartered accountant, a certified public accountant or some other professionally qualified accountant, satisfactory to the Bank of Lebanon.|
|Insurance||The applicant will need to have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the Bank of Lebanon.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements|
- Filing of Audited Accounts: A licensee shall forward the audited financial statements to the Bank of Lebanon, unless prior written approval for an extension has been granted by the BDL.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s securities business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]