Isle of Man Regulated Fund
The Regulated Fund is an Isle of Man fund which has detailed regulations applying to it. Managers cannot be appointed to such a fund without the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority’s (‘the Authority’) prior consent.
A Regulated Fund may be constituted as either an open-ended investment company or a closed-ended investment company
A closed-ended investment company will be a collective investment scheme if:
- it meets the provisions of section 1 of the Collective Investment Schemes Act 2008; “its units are not listed or admitted to trading on a securities market supervised for the purposes of market abuse by an Ordinary Member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions”; and
- “its units are promoted by, or on behalf of, its board in such a way that it is intended to be available for participation by the public or any section of it”.
Open-ended Investment Company means a collective investment scheme under which —
- the property in question belongs beneficially to, and is managed by or on behalf of, a body corporate having as its purpose the investment of its funds with the aim of spreading investment risk and giving its members the benefit of the results of the management of those funds by or on behalf of that body; and
- the rights of the participants are represented by shares in or securities of that body which —
- the participants are entitled to have redeemed or repurchased by, or out of funds provided by, that body; or
- the body ensures can be sold by the participants on an investment exchange at a price calculated by reference to the value of the property which the shares or securities represent;
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Licensed Principle||The Applicant must employ at least one individual who is licensed as a principal.
The Principle must:
|Fund Administrator||The Applicant must employ a fund administrator with no local requirement|
|Fund Manager||The Applicant must employ a fund manager with local requirement
The proposed manager and proposed fiduciary custodian/trustee must hold a licence allowing it to act in this role to an Authorised CIS. The proposed manager must be based in the IOM and hold a financial services licence with the relevant Class 3 permissions.
The proposed fiduciary custodian/trustee may be located in the IOM or outside the IOM, subject to it being:
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises acceptable to the authority. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
|Auditor||The Licensee, within one month after becoming licensed, shall appoint an external auditor who is acceptable to the Commission|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the regulator|
|Minimum Capital Requirements|
- Licenses are to be renewed annually after the date of registration. On application for renewal of a Licence, the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority, if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal Licence fee
- Filing of Audited Accounts: The licensee shall for the financial year beginning on the day on which it commences to carry on securities business; and for each subsequent year submit to the Commission, within ninety days after the end of the financial year, audited financial statements prepared in accordance with international accounting standards, and which contain such additional information as may be prescribed.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s securities business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]