Ireland Payment Service Provider License License
The Central Bank of Ireland (Regulator) is authorized to licence and regulate money services businesses within the state of Antigua. No person (legal or natural) is authorized to conduct money services business in Ireland without a license granted by the Regulator pursuant to the requirements of the Act.
Payment Service Provider License means:
A payment service is defined in the Schedule to the European Union (Payment Services) Regulations 2018 as:
- Services enabling cash to be placed on a payment account as well as all the operations required for operating a payment account.
- Services enabling cash withdrawals from a payment account as well as all the operations required for operating a payment account.
- Execution of payment transactions, including transfers of funds on a payment account with the user’s payment service provider or with another payment service provider:
(a)execution of direct debits, including one-off direct debits;
(b) execution of payment transactions through a payment card or a similar device;
(c) execution of credit transfers, including standing orders.
- Execution of payment transactions where the funds are covered by a credit line for a payment service user:
- execution of direct debits, including one-off direct debits;
- execution of payment transactions through a payment card or a similar device;
- execution of credit transfers, including standing orders.
- Issuing payment instruments and/or acquiring payment transactions.
- Money remittance.
- Payment initiation services
- Account information services
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is a Ireland company under the Companies Act (Cap C.65).
Other business entity, which is incorporated, registered or otherwise established under the laws of a member territory of the European Communities.
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The management should ensure that the licensee appoints a compliance officer to ensure compliance with applicable laws and with the internal policies of the licensee by its employees, agents, and other contractors.|
|Ireland Office||A licence granted under this Act authorizes the licensee to carry on money services business in Ireland at the place of business designated in the licence and at such other place as the Authority may authorize in writing.
The applicant must have premises acceptable to the Regulator. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.
|Auditor||A licensee shall appoint annually an auditor who must be a chartered accountant, a certified public accountant, a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Eastern Caribbean or some other professionally qualified accountant, satisfactory to the Authority.|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the Regulator.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||The Bank shall not authorise an applicant as a payment institution unless the applicant holds initial capital of at least:
- A licensee shall, within 3 months of the end of every financial year, forward to the Authority the audited financial statements referred to in subsection (1) unless prior written approval for an extension has been granted by the Authority.
- Maintenance of—
- adequate reserves and other capital resources in amounts which may be prescribed by the Minister,
- adequate assets in liquid form in amounts which may be prescribed by the Minister,
- a system for managing and containing risks to the net worth of the licensee’s business and risks to its net income, whether arising from fluctuations in interest or exchange rates or from other factors,
- the requisite accounting records,
- systems of internal control and record keeping, and
- systems for inspection and report;
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]