Andorra Collective Investment Schemes Management Licence
The Law 7/2013, May 9th, provides the legal framework for the provision of Collective Investment Schemes Management Services in Andorra.
As per the Act, Collective Investment Schemes Management Companies are companies that, under Andorran law, carry out the following functions as their main activity, among others:
- Elaboration and public deed constitution of CIS regulations, together with the depositary institution.
- Establishment of the depository written contract, together with the depository institution.
- Elaboration, issuance, distribution and elimination of certificates of participation, together with the depositary institution.
- Asset management, which includes:
- Investment decisions.
- The exercise, through the depositary, of the economic and political rights inherent in the assets.
- Administrative management activities, which include:
- The determination of liquidation values, including the applicable tax regime, Accounting and legal tasks.
- The preparation of public reports and prospectuses.
- Determination of the results to be distributed (only for distribution CIS).
- The control of compliance with the applicable regulations.
- The management of the participants registry.
- Full judicial and extrajudicial CIS representation against all types of natural and legal persons.
- Liability management, which includes:
- Acceptance of subscriptions, redemptions (shareholder registry) and transmission to the depositary of the corresponding orders.
- Ordering reimbursement/sales of shares to the depositary.
- Activities related to distribution, which include:
- The submission of documentation (advertising reports, management reports, etc.).
- The selection of distributors.
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is an Andorran Company under the Corporation Act 1983.
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Financial Portfolio Managers||The Applicant’s Financial Portfolio Managers must be licensed or certified to perform said the activities by the AFA (Andorra Financial Authority)|
|Fund Sales Representatives||The Applicant’s Fund sales representative must be
licensed or certified to perform said the activities by the AFA (Andorra Financial Authority)
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises acceptable to the AFA. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
|Auditor||The Licensee, must establish an internal Audit department, independent from the other Company Operations or Outsource depending with the Company needs.|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the AFA.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||The Applicant must have the prescribed minimum paid-up capital and is able to meet the prescribed minimum net liquid capital requirement in cash or readily marketable securities.
The prescribed minimum paid-up capital is € 250,000 (Approximately USD 275,000)
- Licences are to be renewed annually. On application for renewal of a licence, the AFA, if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal licence fee.
- Filing of Reports: It is a requirement to file Company Reports with the Authority.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s Collective Investment Schemes Management business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]